ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY
Effective June 21, 2022
An increase in unacceptable and violent behavior in youth sports requires PrimeTime Sports to adopt a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY. This policy applies to all coaches, players, parents, spectators, and officials effective immediately.
1. Sportsmanship. Understand and value the importance of sportsmanship: Win with humility, lose with grace and do both with dignity.
2. Prohibited Behavior. Abusive, obscene, and racially charged language, threats, violent play, violent conduct, fighting, and other inappropriate behavior (including, but not limited to, taunting, harassment, bullying, etc.) will not be tolerated during any PrimeTime event.
3. Coaches Conduct Standard.
a. Coaches and all nonplayers on the bench are subject to the Coach Conduct rules and standards detailed in the National Federation of High School Basketball Rules, unless otherwise noted
b. It is the responsibility of the coaches to promote respect for officials and support spectator control.
c. Coaches shall confine their discussions with the opposing team and game officials to interpretation of the rules and NOT challenge an officials’ judgment call.
4. Spectator Conduct Standard.
a. No Spectator shall persistently address a game official at any time. This includes but is not limited to:
(1) Spectators shall not make derogatory comments to players of either team.
(2) Spectators shall not dispute calls during or after the game.
(3) Spectators shall not advise an official to watch certain players or attend to rough play.
(4) Spectators shall not yell at the officials, EVER, including criticism, sarcasm, harassment, intimidation, discriminatory comments, or negative feedback of any kind before, during, or after the game.
b. The only allowable exceptions to addressing an official are:
(1) Spectator may respond to an official who has initiated a conversation with a parent or attendee.
(2) Spectator may point out an emergency or safety issues, such as a player injury or observed fighting.
5. Policy Violation.
a. At the discretion of the Event Site Staff, any person not in compliance with the Conduct Standards of the ZERO TOLERANCE Policy will be removed from the event facility, without admission refund, and forbidden to attend a PrimeTime event, pending attendance reinstatement review.
b. In the event a coach, athlete, or spectator refuses to vacate the venue upon removal, the team will forfeit the current game and all subsequent games for the event, without refund of entry fee or spectator admissions.
c. PrimeTime Sports may take any such other corrective action it deems appropriate to assure proper sportsmanship; the safety and well-being of all participants, spectators, officials, and event staff; and the integrity and standards of the event. All teams, coaches, players, and spectators are subject to such rulings and corrective actions.
RESPECT THE GAME
Copyright © 2022 by 3 Step Sports, LLC